Thursday, July 28, 2011

From Cricut to Circuit - Part IV - Results of an etching and component placement

It's been awhile since I posted, but am getting back into the hobby while I have the time available. Here is something I have been working on for the past couple of months when not busy with real life. I picked up a Dremel 4000 and workstation, turning it into a miniature drill press. This board has about 200 holes in it, and it took me about 45 minutes for each one. Here is one without the components.



With the components placed on the second board.

7 comments:

  1. Whoa! That looks complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Numinus: It's actually not that complicated. There is some math involved when working with the voltages, but it always follows Ohm's Law when it comes to what the expected versus actual voltage/current is.

    As for the designs, well I am still learning how to efficiently make my own layouts, but working from existing layouts and designs is much like painting by numbers, surprisingly easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome I've always wanted to make my own circuit boards like this, followed for more awesome posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work! I'd like to get into pcb's and all that fun stuff, but right now I'm too busy, Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series of posts! Very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the layouts I think about don't seem to be very efficient. Very interesting though!

    +followed

    ReplyDelete